The Five Commandments (The Pentabarf)
The PENTABARF was discovered by the hermit
in the Fifth Year
of The Caterpillar. He found them carved in gilded stone, while building a sun
deck for his cave, but their import was lost for they were written in a
mysterious cypher. However, after 10 weeks & 11 hours of intensive scrutiny he
discerned that the message could be read by standing on his head and viewing
it upside down.
Know Ye This O Man of Faith!
- There is no Goddess but Goddess and She is Your Goddess. There is no
Erisian Movement but The Erisian Movement and it is The Erisian Movement. And
every Golden Apple Corps is the beloved home of a Golden Worm.
- A Discordian Shall Always use the Official Discordian Document
- A Discordian is Required during his early Illumination to Go Off Alone
& Partake Joyously of a Hot Dog on a Friday; this Devotive Ceremony to
Remonstrate against the popular Paganisms of the Day: of Catholic Christendom
(no meat on Friday), of Judaism (no meat of Pork), of Hindic Peoples (no meat
of Beef), of Buddhists (no meat of animal), and of Discordians (no Hot Dog
- A Discordian shall Partake of No Hot Dog Buns, for Such was the Solace
Our Goddess when She was Confronted with The Original Snub.
- A Discordian is Prohibited from Believing What he reads.
IT IS SO WRITTEN! SO BE IT. HAIL DISCORDIA! PROSECUTORS WILL BE
Or, if you prefer, try this
alternate set of completely immutable laws.
Test Question from Topanga Cabal The Twelve Famous Buddha Minds School: ``If
they are our brothers, how come we can't eat them?''